Sunday, June 27, 2010

Faith


I was asked how God gives me strength. If He gives it to me through vitamins or just good vibrations. Hmmmmm.....I have been thinking about how to explain a God that is unexplainable. One that would give His only son to die on a cross so that I did not have to bear the burden of sin on my life. But knowing that some of you need an answer out there (now keep in mind that I am no expert on this, it is just my own personal experience with my Creator), I say it has to do with two things. Me walking toward Him and Him walking toward me. I step out, toward Him, in faith and trust that He will hear me and He walks toward me by answering my request. He loves me and wants to help. Doesn't any parent?
Honestly, I felt horrible Saturday night and really did not want to do the dancing and singing but I asked God for strength and as soon as I got onto that stage I felt revived and energized. It required faith and God answered me with what I needed. I stepped and God breathed His life into me. In Hebrews 11:1 it says" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Any of you out there who want to step in His direction? I know that it is hard for some of us to get our minds around a Big God who is all powerful and distant. While I do believe that God is all powerful, I do not believe that there is any part of Him that wishes to be distant and unreachable. Since the fall of man He has been trying to reestablish the connection that He lost when Adam decided to take that fateful bite of forbidden fruit. I believe He restored that connection through His perfect Son, Jesus. He longs to be close to us again to walk with us and talk with us.
It may sound simple and illogical but that is my two cents and I believe it with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments