Monday, January 25, 2010

Pic of the Day: New Member of the Family

Last week my washer died. She was faithful to the end and for eight years cleansed our grimy clothing. Trust me with a husband that runs a sawmill, I need a workhorse. We were sad for our loss, mostly because it was money we did not want to spend. However, I had been wanting a frontloading washer for a couple of years now and did not think I was going to get one. Lowe's had this exact model,minius the drawer on the bottom, for half of what it normally costs. Thank You God for Your provision! I don't think David and I have been as entertained as we were tonight. We just sat in front of it watching it start and stop. Wondering how in the world our clothes were going to come clean in that little bit of water. I guess I will just let Scarlet figure that out for me. Yes, I named the washer. Anything that helps me out as much as this washer is going to deserves a name. Edna was the name of the one who died. So, please, when you are finished reading this have a moment of silence for our dearly departed. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Scarlet is so pretty. I wish I had one of her brothers or sisters at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I am glad that you got a new washer! I used to think my mom was so weird when she would get excited over things like a washer... i get it now! haha! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Pammy. I am so sorry Edna is gone. Someday I will have a washer of my own to name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your condolences. Edna is in a better place now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments