Thursday, October 30, 2008

Picture of the Day: Behind That Smile



How do I describe one of the most wonderfully woven, complicated people that God has placed in my life. I think that Sam loves at a depth that most of us never will. I will ask him if he loves me and he will say,"Mom, I love you alot." Then I will ask him if he loves his teacher and he will say,"I like her a little." If he loves you, he will always and forever love you and he will stare down a lion for you. Love means love to him. So many times I say, I love a color or a food etc. He loves when he says he loves. He is a different child. At times I think he has a hard time showing emotion but then he will blow me away with tenderness that I have only seen in his father. He was watching a show about babies on T.V. one day and he had his head turned away from me. He sat there quietly admiring all these beautiful children, mostly babies. All of the sudden he turned to me with tears streaming from his eyes and said," I just love babies so much Mom." I started to cry at that and we ended up just hugging and crying. I do not know what God is going to do with Samuel in life but it is undeniable that he has a special annointing for children, especially babies. I have to say that he makes me smile and my heart aches when I talk about him because the depth of my love for him. He is my sweet, very deep little boy. This picture was taken as he was exiting from the fort that he and his daddy built in the woods. I also could not help but add this picture of him holding his little cousin Landon. I think he could hold babies all day long.


1 comment:

  1. You know that I agree. Sam is an amazing and wonderful little boy, and we are all so blessed to have him in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

Comments