Friday, October 31, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, I Give You Elvis Presley

Hello everyone, as you can see, some things have changed in my life. Apparently Elvis is channeling through my husband. I do not think that I have laughed this hard in a long time. We had a costume party at Cari and Carl's and Cari graciously let us borrow this Elvis costume from the church costume room. Let me clarify. This is not the handsom young Elvis that all of us have seen sway his hips on the Ed Sullivan show. This was 1970's Elvis who had done a little too much of everything, including the Bedazzler. I had no idea when I brought the costume home that my husband would embrace it as much as he did.



On the way to the Pheister's we had to stop at a store and when David got out of the car, I heard at least three people scream ,"It's Elvis!" and then cackle at the top of their lungs. Well, instead of David getting embarrassed and shrinking back into the vehicle, he started strutting all the way into the store. Then he proceeded to talk like Elvis to all the cashiers. After we went to the store we then stopped to pick up pizza at Little Cesar's. As he walked in some people sitting at a table right by the doorway declared,"It's Elvis!" . David then threw one of his hips in their direction and then pointed at them and said , " UH Huh!" . Thank you Cari for the use of the costume and as much fun as I had being Elvis's wife for the night or as he affectionately referred to me for most of it,"Scilla" , with the Elvis drawl ,I might add, I don't think I can stand the pressure of having such a high profile celebrity for a husband. Thank you verry mush!



Sam was a ninja, Lili was Sharpay from High school Musical and Abigail was a black-eyed pea. I was going to be Priscilla but the costume malfunctioned at the last minute so I got to be one of the Pink Ladies from Grease. We had a blast at the party and hope everyone else did too.

2 comments:

  1. Tonight was a lot of fun! We definitely need to do it again. Maybe with a more appropriate costume for my hubby. I still don't know if I can actually put those pics up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope that you would. His costume was classic. Hey, look at what I wrote about Sam below the Elvis stuff. See if I am acurate in what I said.

    ReplyDelete

Comments