Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Alone


Do you ever feel like you have those weeks where you just feel alone? This has been one of those weeks. My husband is tired and trying desperately to finish up the school year , my friends are all busy and so is my family for that matter. I am busy too, which just adds to the feeling of isolation. It is in these times of isolation that God kind of wakes me up. He says to me, " I have been here all along." I think it is His plan sometimes to let us feel this way so that we remember Who is always going to be there... even when the people we count on most cannot be there. Yesterday, I was so busy running around panicking about all of the things that absolutely must get done, when I started praying for rain. It was in that moment that I realized that I did not just need the rain to water my garden but I needed the Rainmaker to water my spirit.
If you are feeling alone, please remember to acknowledge the One who is always there. It says in Deuteronomy 31:8" He will never leave you nor forsake you." Take this " alone time" to reconnect with Jesus. You are never alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments