Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Love You God


This time of year is so sweet. I love the cold. I love hot chocolate and anything that smells like cinnamon. That smell just evokes Christmas to me. Sweet yet tangy. Full of fragrance. If I smell it even when it's not Christmas time I still think of Christmas. God is like the smell of cinnamon. He gives you little reminders that He is right there. Sometimes it is the smell of the air right after it rains or a beautiful sunset. More often than not for me, it is in an embrace from my husband or children. I just feel like He is hugging me. Maybe because when I was young, they are what I asked God for the most. A family that loves me and that I love beyond understanding. I hope this Christmas that God gives you a little or big reminder that He is always there. He will never leave you or forsake you...

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! We love Christmas because it just leads us directly to Him! He IS love; He is that which we love most about Christmas. He gave Himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, thank you for that comment and for reading my blog. Love the Space trilogy too. Merry Christmas. HE IS KING!

    ReplyDelete

Comments