Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Love!

Yesterday was my Doodle Bugs birthday party. She turned three in November but the Thanksgiving stuff was so hectic I did not want her party getting lost in the shuffle so I waited until things died down a bit for everyone. This season gets so crazy and busy. Wish it didn't but I am learning to enjoy it anyway. She is three now and apparently that means she is supposed to get three of everything. Three strawberries, three Mickey Mouse cheeses and three candy canes. Don't worry did not give her three of the later. She had so much fun! The thing I noticed about the whole night though was that when she opened her gifts it was not so much about the gift as it was about actually opening the gift. She just had fun. Which was my whole goal. She felt loved and special.
The older I get the more important it is for my kids to know that we love them. To speak their individual language. They are all so different, so intricate. I love to watch them to see what is important to them. Sam loves time, Lili loves it when we make her something, Abigail loves pink. God loves us like that. He sees us and who we are and loves us there. He does it everyday. I want so much for my children and to know that they are loved individually by the King of Kings for who they are and that He speaks their language is all I could ask for . It is God's Birthday love. He gives them a party everyday. It says He rejoices over us with singing Zephaniah 3:17. He loves you that way too! Happy Birthday Abigail!

1 comment:

  1. Cari was so sad she missed it. (I am glad she was with me, though.) Your Joy looks so cute and sweet. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments