Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pic of the Day: Through the Storm


I did not take this picture but I am so happy that someone took it. This is David on a daily basis. He works so hard and still manages a smile at the end of the day. I am so proud of him. He is moving on to another job in the next couple of weeks and I know that, in a way, it is hard for him. You know, when you have dreams that go unfulfilled it hurts. He has handled what hand we have been given with such goodness. He is always kind. He is a wonderful husband. He is my best friend and I pray that this new job is a great blessing to his life and to ours. When you go through tough times it is so hard to hope for anything good. The plans that you have made have failed so many times that you resist the urge to hope because that hope gets squashed. I am purposing to hope for him. Please pray for David. He is giving up part of his dream and I know this is hard for him. While I know we are probably going to have it easier, it's even hard for me to see this part of our life end. We have learned so much through it. God has proven Himself time and time again. He is always providing in the most creative ways. He has shown us that even without worldly success, we have managed to make some unbelievably good friends and how to be gracious under extreme pressure. I look back on our life with gratitude now instead of asking God why He did not let this dream happen for us. I know that I want His dream for us much more than I want ours. David is on the top of my list of hero's. I just want to be like him. Somehow he always manages to have the right attitude about every situation. Oh how I would love to have just that one trait. Anyway, I am proud of him and know that he is going to be blessed in this new job and do proclaim that this time of our lives is going to be good and flourishing and full of the things of God! Thank you God that though life , at times, has not been easy that I have been blessed enough to share it with the love of my life and a great man in my eyes. Through the storm he has smiled and seen You!

1 comment:

  1. You are two of the most amazing people I have ever known. I pray for you guys and will continue to do so. I honestly don't know what is going on in your life, but you deserve the best. Dreams are hard and they are even harder when the ones you love don't have a chance to obtain them. Thanks for the reminder that I am helping my husband achieve his dream and that God is watching over us. I needed that. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments