Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holy New Year Batman!!!

Holy New Year Batman!!! Has it really been that long since I blogged. I feel as though I am going through withdrawals because I have not even gotten to look at every ones blogs much less write on mine. I have greatly missed it.

I am looking forward to a fresh New Year and a fresh perspective that I am determined to have even if I have to hold myself down in a headlock to do it. Joy is the word for the year. It will be filled with joy even if I have to look under a rock to find it.

Does it sound like I have been struggling in that area? Well, I have. I know that there are many people that have it a lot worse than me but you know how life can get you down sometimes. Problems can seem monumental and little things start jabbing you in the side telling you that they are BIG, BAD and HORRIBLE. I am going to choose to look at those little thing and tell them that no matter how BIG and BAD they may seem to me, my GOD is bigger than all of them put together and then some!

I encourage you to take this New Year and start fresh. Oh, I know that at the 1st of the year debt doesn't just vanish and a teething 1 year old magically learns how to talk ( so that the VERY
loud screaming dissipates). I just mean look at this shiny New Year as a way to change the way you might react to all those little things. It's going to be full of JOY!!! It's my choice. God gives it abundantly, I just have to grab on to it and not lose it. Scripture for the coming year: The joy of the Lord is my strength! Nehemiah 8:10

On that note, I leave you with the picture of the day. It's guaranteed to make you smile. Samuel has been asking for a nightcap for some time now and when we were decorating for Christmas he found one. We loaned it to Nathanael or he would still be wearing it every night. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's in a safe place - don't forget to get it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was brushing Luke's teeth last night and there was a lot of blood. I accidently helped a molar come through. It was traumatizing. I feel your pain. Someday, you will miss this, though...
    I love the picture. It was a good blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments